Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kerja Kawen

picture courtesy of Hafiidz Baharudin - cilok from facebook. ^^,

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Sahabat2 MMMC sekalian dijemput ke majlis kerja kawen depan sport complex dr jam 11 sampai 3pm hari ini. Tuan rumah jemput. Spread ya..
Sent: 23-Jan-2010, 10:40:26. Sender:Eizzah


When I got this message, I sincerely felt a bit reluctant to go. The reason is simple - I dont know the house owner (tuan rumah). Weird isn't it? You go to a house where you dont know who is the owner, you eat the food there and then you walked away. It felt so wrong. So, at around 12noon, I went down to the canteen to buy lunch but it was closed. A bit lazy to walk a further distance to outside cafe`, I went up to my room-frustrated. Huhu. Then, at 1pm, Eizzah rang me on the phone saying that no one replied to her sms. So later on we agreed to go to the wedding together after Zuhur prayer.

1400 ~ We arrived at the house. Eizzah, Nurani and me. We felt very awkward (salah tingkah). No recognizable face around. With nervous smile, we went under the tent and queued for food, with the rest of the guest. There, I saw Dr Ahmed As-Sayyed, enjoying his food. When my turn came, an aunty (whom I presumed must be one of the bride's family) asked me, "Ni kawan sekerja Aus ke?" I was like...,"Err..tak. Kami datang saja je ni. Ada orang ajak." See how inappropriate my answer was. I felt so frail. Huhu.

After a while, I saw some familiar faces came in. A few seniors from batch 17 and later a bunch of friends from batch 20. Alhamdulillah. A bit feeling of relief touched my heart. :) There also we got to know Akh Rahim's dad. Finished eating, we wanted to thank the tuan rumah before leaving but we went to the wrong house so we just leaved quietly. Huhu. :(

Thus, moral of the day:
"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)."-Al-Hujuraat,49:13

"Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Six are the rights of a Muslim over another Muslim. It was said to him: Allah's Messenger, what are these? Thereupon he said: When you meet him, offer him greetings; when he invites you to a feast accept it. When he seeks your counsel give him, and when he sneezes and says:" Alhamdulillah (All praise is due to Allah)," you say YarhamukAllah (may Allah show mercy to you); and when he falls ill visit him; and when he dies follow his bier."-H.R.Bukhari wa Muslim.

These two dalil are enough I think to make a very good ibrah for me and you. May Allah opens to us the roads to goodness and give us goodness from His side. Ameen.

1 comment:

  1. opss...dalam gambar kat atas tu ada siti hanim sekali sebenarnya tapi xtahula kenapa x masuk. dah kecikkan dah imej sebenarnya. huhu.

    ReplyDelete